28.11.12

Statement Slanket


In general, I would say that I adopt to a “go big or go home” philosophy; especially when it comes to fashion. Life’s too short to wear boring clothes...AmIRight? So I’ve had this BIG ass vintage scarf/shawl/slanket lying around the apartment, nonchalantly tossed over a chair for months now, waiting for inspiration to strike me on exactly HOW this killer piece should be styled. And then it hit me, in the form of THIS street style photo of Kate Moss rockin’ a MAJOR statement scarf from WhoWhatWear.com. It’s been a bone-chilling 67 dees-gree’s in the OC, so I was happy to have this fuzzy sucker around my neck/face for some extra warmth. This is a pretty casual look for me; in my book it’s essentially just jeans and a tee. (The jeans being velvet, polka-dot skinnies and the tee being a vintage silk button down.) Add the statement scarf and my brand-spankin’-new red booties and VOILA- recipe for a casual yet awesomely avant-garde ensemble.

Vintage blouse. Vintage scarf. Free People pants (Buy here). F21 Booties (Buy here). Vintage Gucci watch. Vintage necklace.

Until next time,

Brittany

5 comments:

  1. Wow, love your style, it's so cool how you've managed to pick up so many great vintage pieces! Followed, and would love if you'd follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfecrtly styled outfit!
    Everything matches!!
    Great job!

    >>> milna89.blogspot.com <<<

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fab, honey!

    Happy weekend!

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your trousers!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this!! Those pants are fantastic!

    shygirlloudvoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete