24.7.13

Mario Testino // Vogue UK // December 1998



I am still stuck in the 90’s. But don’t worry, I’m not gonna go off on some anti-consumerism, grunge-fueled rant again. (At least not today anyways...) For now, I’m into this sort of 90’s Britpop, “Party Girl” thing; she’s galavanting about town in a D&G leopard print nightgown, a slinky Gucci dress, or a lil gold, sparkly Versace number. (All of which could have just as easily come from the thrift shop...DUH.) I came across a vintage editorial that perfectly encapsulates this girl and her world, shot by the OG of that 90’s “sex sells” aesthetic, Mario Testino. The year is 1998. The scene: a house party at some DJ’s messy loft in Manchester, post Oasis concert. The vibes: Grunge infused with a heavy dose of glamour. Think lush velvets in deeply saturated hues, richly vibrant silks, furs on furs on furs, and over-the-top blinged out accessories- more is most definitely more for this chick. Why didn’t the house parties I attended EVER look like this?! I really wish my generation would put a LITTLE more effort into looking chic...


Until Next Time,

Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly concur, minimalism has it's place, but excess and glamour do too. To put it simply the world needs more velvet.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, good ol' velvet in the 90's. Do you think that will ever be resurrected?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete